Saturday, January 21, 2012

Augusto & Karla's Thank You party at the ICU

Well, Jose R. flew from Washington DC to help Karla and Augusto organize the "Thank You" party they threw at the ICU of the Brackenridge Trauma Center of the University of Texas in Austin. They fed a Spanish Paella to about forty people, staff and doctors of the ICU who saved Augusto's life along with the prayers of many of you. The local TV station was there and reported the event.

I also want to "paste" here the Facebook Post that my granddaughter Elena wrote this morning on Facebook. I am so proud of her, notice her humorous literary spark when she says... "Apparently few people than their doctors."  Good job Elena!

Click down on the link to get to the TV video of the lunch event.
Augusto & Karla's Thank you party

Elena's Post:


Well today instead of going to school, I went to Brackenridge Hospital along with my family to thank the doctors who saved my fathers life. Some news crew documented this rare event(apparently people don't thank their doctors often) and shared a heartwarming survival story to the people (mostly retirees) who watch the news at 6 to get the scoop(WATCH THE VIDEO). I THANK ALL OF YOU who supported my family and I through this hard time... there are so many challenges that my family had to overcome as well as recognizing the blessing of family (I know it sounds cheesy). Even a signed card or asking if I was ok or doing something for my family has meant so much and I thank God that I have good friends and family that I have. So go and hug your family because you might never get to say goodbye....

1 comment:

  1. THANK GOD AND THANK TO ALL IN BRACKENRIDGE WHO WITH THEIR SKILLS AND DEDICATION WERE INSTRUMENTS IN AUGUSTO AND KARLA'S RECOVERY!
    EVERYONE REJOICES!!! EVERYONE IS GRATEFUL FOR THIS MIRACLE!!!
    THANKS TO THE FAMILY AND MANY FRIENDS WHO GAVE THEIR SUPPORT!!!!
    CUQUI/MAMI

    ReplyDelete