Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Morning Surgical procedure

Augusto was taken to the OR at 0720 hr. The procedure for the repair of his torn Aorta artery, on the descending arc of this main artery includes:
First incision was made at 0850 hr. on the left side of his neck. They will reach the artery that goes to the brain and make a by-pass to the artery that goes to his left arm and which will be closed by the stent that will next be installed.
Next they make an incision on the groin to reach the inguinal artery and introduce the stent here, which will be located on the arc of the aorta where the damage is located.
We expect surgery to be complete around noon and will report results.

2 comments:

  1. We continue to pray and sending all our positive vibes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali Villalon LindsayOctober 21, 2011 at 8:56 AM

    Tio Kiko, I will continue to pray for Augusto, Karla and the family. I am sorry that I am not there for support like you were for us with my Dad.Please know that I am there with you even though I am not present. Augusto is a fighter and will pull through this, after all he is a Villalon! I will continue to send positive thoughts and energy his way. Thanks for the great communication. Love you! XOX Ali

    ReplyDelete